What if ! The mass of the Jupiter became as equal to the mass of the sun?
All we know that our solar system have 8 planets and a sun. Among all the planets Jupiter has the largest mass or you can say Jupiter is the second largest mass body in our solar system.
Now let’s imagine a situation in our solar system that, what will happened if the mass of the Jupiter became equal to the mass of the sun?
According to the general theory of relativity universe is infinitely stretched space time fabrics on which all the celestial bodies are kept. All the celestial bodies which are in the outer space haves different masses, so due to their different masses, the depression in the space time fabrics are also different. However here masses of Jupiter and sun are equal then the depression in the space time fabrics are also equal.
Below some high probable possibilities are given on the basis of the imagination.
If the mass of the Jupiter been equal to the mass of the sun.
If the masses of the Jupiter and sun became equal then the following possibilities can be occur.
- If his happen then our solar system can be divided in to two parts.
- One part contain planet system having sun at the centre and the other planet system having Jupiter at the centre.
- In the sun planet system only mercury, Venus and earth can be the members.
- And due to the increased mass of Jupiter, it can changed the orbit of the other planets like mars , Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
- And mars , Saturn , Uranus and Neptune start orbiting about the Jupiter.
- Due to this arrangement rotation period of earth may be decreased to a little bit. This may be increases the global warming on the earth.
- All the planets including Jupiter still gets the light from the sun.
- Jupiter and sun can be start orbiting about the their centre of mass called barycentre.
- A large numbers asteroids came into the sun planet system and Due to this there will be a high probability that it will strike the earth.
So these are all the possibilities that might be happen if the mass of the Jupiter been equal to the mass of the sun.